The Logistics Department at Trans International averages over 29 years of experience in the transportation logistics industry. Without overtly tooting our own horn, one could say that we know what we are talking about when it comes to logistics (alright fine, toot toot!)
So what exactly do our Logistics professionals do?
Logistics is the process of moving goods and products to a place of need or consumption. Logistics professionals must know all aspects of transportation. Here at Trans International our professionals ensure that those goods and products are delivered in the most efficient and cost effective way possible. They develop new supply chain solutions to optimize shipper use of resources for the purpose of reducing cost and improving service and efficiency. Our team, as a third party resource, is in constant contact with carriers to negotiate freight rates and services on the behalf of our clients.
At TI, our Logistics Consulting Services Include:
- Rate and Discount Negotiations, create or review contracts and agreements for complete coverage and limit of liability
- Carrier Bid Packages
- Rate research and studies
- Benchmarking. Trend Reporting and Analysis
- Maintenance of rate agreements, contracts, surety bonds, & insurance certificate
- Review freight descriptions and packaging for freight class optimization
- Handle motor carrier bankruptcy issues
- Evaluate and give visibility to accessorial charges
- Monitor carrier performance to service standards
- Alert you to important logistics industry information that may affect your operation
- Loss and Damages Claims Services
The National Motor Freight Classifications, or the logistics “Bible” as some may call it, can be very useful to logistics professionals. It may be used to universalize language and terminology across the globe. A common example is pop vs. soda; some may say pop while some may say soda, in the end they mean the same thing but this must be communicated by our logistics professionals. They universalize the language to minimize confusion and for client and carrier can be guaranteed to be on the same page.
Logistics Consulting is a very important aspect to any supply chain. We are here to save you time and money by making your supply chain as cost-effective and efficient as possible.